Soundtrack Sunday

Sunday, August 03, 2008

Soundtrack Sunday is best enjoyed listening to the song while you read the post.




My Grandmother hated the heat. She would have her A/C blaring to such freezing levels, that my Grandpa would wear long sleeve flannel shirts, and hide under afghans... in the middle of July.

Whenever we get into our hot hot car, this song pops into my brain. My son has inherited his Grandma Greats huge displeasure for the heat. He hates it, loathes it, abhores the heat! When he was a baby, he would scream from the time we walked out of our air conditioning until we entered the next A/C location. Blood curdling screams. Yeah. So not fun in the hot, humid Midwestern summers.

Just yesterday, we went to get in the car, and he stood at the side of the door blowing on his face, moaning "I hate being hot. I hate being hot!" I found myself laughing. He refused to get in the car until the A/C was not only blowing, but blowing cold air. That is typical for us. Before we go anywhere, I have to start the car, and get it cooled down. Most people start their cars in the winter to get the heat going... not me. We are the opposite family. We have to have it ice cold in the car before Thing 2 will even consider getting in.

I told him that it will be really sad for him if he gets called on his mission to the Amazon. He looked at me all funny and said "Why?" I smiled my wicked smile and said, cause its 900 degrees down there.
All. The. Time.
My next door neighbor growing up went there on his mission, and says he got sunburned... through his shirts. Man. Thats some serious hotness going on there.
Poor Thing 2 moaned and agreed with me. Then he got all perky and said "But wouldn't it be awesome, Mom, if I got to go to Alaska? It's not hot there!"

Dude. For your sake I hope you do.


  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes