A wish and a prayer
Friday, August 22, 2008

This has been going around the blog-o-sphere all week but I am just a slow poke. I didn't want to trivialize what has happened by being a copy-cat, so I had yet to jump on the train. You can read about them here , here and here.
I have been reading Cjane pretty much from the beginning of my blogging life. She is delightful, funny and insightful. I started reading Nie Nie when I would see blogs with her button on them. I was curious as to who would be so cool that they would have their own buttons. I do not KNOW either of them, however, I feel like I know them. I would settle in with my morning cup of joe (read:diet coke) and take a peek into their lives.
I have enjoyed peeking into their lives and seeing different ways to live... sometimes even better ways.
I have been blogging for 3 years now... but feel like my birth happened when my Prophet died, and I started commenting on others blogs. Before this event, I was a lurker. I read lots of blogs, but I didn't comment. I was hesitant to invite people into my life. To let people see the good bad and not so pretty (lets not call it ugly, ummkay?!).
I realize now, after seeing how this blogging world has reached out to Nie and her sister, that I had been selfish. That blogging truth, your life in all its varying degrees -- the who you are and being proud of it-- is a blessing. Nie Nie has blessed so many peoples lives through her blog.
I want to help. You can donate money for their recovery on either of their blogs. It will be extensive, costly and long. They have 4 young children. I worry about them; wonder about them and pray for them.
There is going to be a balloon launch this Saturday. I plan on writing my wishes and prayers on the balloons and launching them at the designated time (5pm/6pm/7pm/8pm). Originally it was red balloons, however, now they are saying that green is Nie Nie's favorite color, and orange is her husband, Christians, favorite color. I will do all three.
I am taking my children to do this as well. I want them to participate and feel the connection to something bigger... something other than themselves. I am just going to do it from my backyard... but I would encourage you to do the launch... wherever you may be.
I have been intrigued with the locations of people that are participating in this event. All across the Continental US and throughout Europe as well. This blogging thing is a beautiful thing. It brings so many people together. It creates a community and friendship. For me, it has helped me to realize that I am not alone in the struggles that are mine. And in that there is comfort.
Recently someone was chastising me about the amount of time I spend doing this little blogging gig (which in reality is not any longer than those who like to exercise) and I had been feeling a little bad about it. However, this blogging gig? It has been a wonderful thing. My imaginary friends are real to me. Their lives are important. Blogging has helped me to remember that the world does not revolve around ME, and there are bigger things out there for me to experience.
Please take the time to look into the lives of Stephanie aka Nie Nie and her sister. Read the posts on Cjanes blog about her sister. Then, I challenge you to commit to living your life better. Just one area. Be better. Then write it on a balloon and send it up for them.

















