What do you get when you cross a chair, a shower and a hooter-hider?
Sunday, August 17, 2008
Embarrassment. It's pretty much synonymous with Motherboard! I have so many embarrassing moments that it is actually quite difficult for me to pick my favorites.I could tell you about the time I fell off my chair in the middle of my sisters performance and yelled out "Holy Sh@$!... But changed my mind half-way through my scream to Shoot...During the scene change (read: deathly quiet).
Yeah.
That was scha-weet.
I could tell you about the time I was taking a shower in our new house. I was happily showering, while looking out the window watching the worker men in the neighbors yard and I found myself thinking: "Man. This is great! I can shower and look at nature while I am communing with nature."
Awesome.
It was on the rinse and repeat cycle when it dawned on me.
Actually, it was the worker man in my neighbors yard stopping and doing a double take that made me have my come to Jesus moment.
If I could see him... That meant...
Oh my hell.
Could he see me?
He could see me!
Yeah. Awesome!
Or how about the time I was nursing Moxie... at the county fair? I had my sweet "hooter hider" on and had settled down to listen to the crazy old man sing the same song over and over again... while saying "check, check". (Yes. The Tom Hanks skit from SNL totally ran through my brain too.)
What is important to note is that just as I got Moxie all situated and I was covered, and the sound man was "checking" away... A rather large gust of wind came through the tent that I was sitting in. My awesome hooter hider ended up around my neck and the entire tent plus 2 more tents got a flash from The Motherboard.
Yes.
A flash.
Actually more like a giant woot-woo!
That lasted really really long. Like an eternity. With my girl hanging out there in the wind...
I wanted to curl up and DIE!
The sound check guys were pretty stoked. My poor friend got an eyeful, and it took our friendship to a whole new level. (Sorry Harm!)
I am saving the best for last. And for another post on another day when I feel the urge to have all of internet-dom laughing at me. Until then, just realize that if you have something embarrassing happen to you... I am right there with you.
And usually, mine are colossal.
What are your most recent embarrassing moments?

















