Random 10 Friday

Friday, August 15, 2008

"Now from what I hear, you're using your paper not for writin' but for rolling doobies! You're gonna be doing a lot of doobie rollin' when you're living in a van down by the river!" Matt Foley , motivational speaker.

I had that as a ring tone for a long time. But, when my pre-schooler started yelling it word for word in the middle of Target -- and once at church... Well. I decided it probably wasn't the best ring tone. Even though it's freakin' funny.

********************************************************
At the old church we went to, we had a guy that would get up to the pulpit during testimony meeting and punctuate his sentences with Elvis Presley impersonations and Woody Woodpecker sound effects. Sacrament time was a blast, because you never knew what you were going to get! We even had people get up and accidentally swear over the pulpit... Now? Nothing. There is no need for those seat belts people, because it's predictable. Almost, dare I say it? Boring. (did you hear the whoosh of unsubscribe being hit?)

I get bored in Sacrament meeting now. I know. I am bad. Jefe and I use Moxie as an excuse to leave particularly boring meetings, or ones where people are sharing just a little TOO much information.
You know the ones right?
So, even if Moxie is being good as gold (which is usually what it is), we take her out because we are bored.

Save the lectures. I know that I should be sitting there, following along in my scriptures. Praying. But, in reality I am trying to keep world war 3 from breaking out back there in the back. Most Moms will sit there, with rapt attention, ignoring the increasing noise level... when my kids are being naughty?
I take Moxie out.
Thing1 says I pretend I don't know them.
And, it's true.

************************************************************
Is it weird that on Monday I was all "woot-woot!" The kids are going back to school, but today I am all "the kids are going back to school?? In 10 days?! Oh no! What about all our field trips?!" How did that happen? It seems like I went to sleep in June and just woke up and it's mid-August.
Did it scream by for anyone else?

***********************************************************

The funeral for our van & Jorge was nice. The kids didn't even raise an eye from the T.V. "What? We don't have a car? When did that happen?" So, we are still on the hunt. Jefe was pushing for a Honda Pilot. It is a nice car, but I am morally opposed to SUV's. Why do we need to have "big and bigger?" The rest of the world does not drive these insanely large vehicles, why do we need to? I like SUV's. I honestly do. It just seems like a bad idea to own one right now. You know, with gas prices and all.
I'm just sayin'.
So just hit delete on that email you're getting ready to send me.
Ummkay?

***********************************************************

My friend Sherrie is an amazing musician. She can arrange stuff right on the spot. If she doesn't like the choral arrangement, she "fixes" it. I am constantly amazed at her mad musical skills! When I listen to her play the piano, it brings tears to my eyes. She is in the process of making a CD and is dying for feedback. I have been sitting here listening to her this morning, and it is amazing. Her music is so relaxing and peaceful. Give her a listen HERE and see if you don't agree. Then go to her blog and give her a shout out.
She's addicted to comments too. :>)

************************************************************
So, thats my random 10 Friday. What kind of randomness is going on your brain?
Whatcha listening to?

Have a groovy weekend folks!
We have our first football game tomorrow.
I have zero finger nails to chew on... I hope I don't have a coronary.

1. Violet Hill - Coldplay
2. 3R's - Jack Johnson
3. Nothingtown - The Offspring
4. Steady As We Go - Dave Matthews Band
5. Voices Carry - Til Tuesday
6. You Get What You Give - New Radicals
7. Bless This Broken Road - Rascal Flatts
8. Within You - Ray LaMontagne
9. Relative -Gavin Degraw
10. Yes - Coldplay

Bonus: Kid - Amos Lee


  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes