Bad luck

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Have I ever mentioned that my car sucks? Well, just for future reference, it does! I have the worlds worst luck with cars. I took mine into the shop yesterday to get fixed--cause you know it sucks! The mechanic said that all it needed was good tune up, with all new wires and spark plugs. We tell him go ahead, cause you know it sucks and all.

Our mechanic is great one. He is a friend of my cousins who manages a car lots repair shop. He does our work, and charges us for the parts. It is usually half of what the car lot would charge us. It has worked out to a good deal for us. He said it was all good-- that I may have a clogged fuel injector, but it looked fine. I didn't think anything of it.

I pick the car up, start to drive it around the corner from the lot, and what happens? The service engine light comes back on. Yup. Still not fixed. I take it back to Anonymous Mechanic, and he tells me that its probably the fuel injector. I have been putting bad gas into the car, aparently. Who knew there were good gas stations, and bad gas stations. Not me. I thought it was all the same. I am suppose to drive the car for 100 miles, and see if all the heavy duty cleaners don't clean it out. Then, if the light is still on, he will replace the fuel injectors (which BTW, cost a ridiculous amount of money). If the light is still on, then it means that it is a crack in this v-ring. He assured me that almost never happens.

It will be my luck that it will be the cracked v-ring. I have bad luck with cars.

The light turned off after I drove it for a while. It was starting to run like it's old self again. But, then after letting it sit for several hours-- when I turned it back on, the light of course came back on. I guess I just need to go for a really long drive and let the kids watch a movie and see if we can't get the bad gas out.

I hate my car, cause it sucks and all. It is making me onery and cynical.


  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes