Better response

Friday, December 23, 2005

My sister told me something that her daughter said, and I just LOVE it! They were driving here from Colorado, and Anonymous Uncle asks his daughter what she wants Santa Claus to bring her for Christmas. She thought about it for a moment, and then said: "I will be happy with whatever he brings me. " WOW!!! How's that for putting things in the right perspective? She is only 4.

After she told me this, Thing 3 runs up to her and says loud and all proud like "Santa's going to bring me a Dora Kitchen". Kindof ruins the mood. Anonymous Little Sister has done an amazing job with those two cute kiddies-- and apparently I have a little more work to do on ours. Thing 1 handed me a list today of ALL the things she wants for Christmas...it was extremely long. Thing 2 wont tell anyone what he REALLY wants, he says he is keeping it a secret, in his heart, for just him and Santa to know. SCAREY!

I want my kids to respond to people when asked what they want for Christmas the way Anonymous Little Sisters kids did-- "I will be happy with whatever Santa brings me."


  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes