Cute little doggies!

Tuesday, December 06, 2005


See that cute little dog? Thats me. That's how I have felt the past few days. Let me give you a brief overview of my crazy life...
Thing2 is sick. He was sick on his birthday. Bummer. He had a fever of 103. That's really high... for a S.E.V.E.N. Year old! (I still can't believe it!) What a horrible way to spend your birthday--sick.

On Monday morning, bright and early, I called the Doctor-and the Doctor said: "No more monkeys jumping on the bed!" Ok! He didn't really say that-- but he should've! Just read on and you will see why! ANYWAY-- I made an appointment for Thing2 to get into the Doctor. I got them all dressed, and ready to go. I hurried them into the car only to realize: I knoweth not where my purse is! I start freaking out, looking all over the house and I couldn't find it anywhere! Then I realize that my purse is in Hombres car, which just happens to be in the city--25minutes away. Hombre is having a busy day, and there is no way he can bring it to me. I think to myself, its ok. I will just have to pay the co-pay later, Thing2 needs medicine! I get everyone re-buckled into the car, only to find out that my car battery is dead. Yup dead... D.E.A.D... dead. Not working, dead! I couldn't believe it! I had to call the Doctors office, yet again, and re-schedule the appointment. Then I had to figure out how I was going to get there, AND pay for it.

All I have to say about that is: "Thank heavens for Anonymous Moms!" What would we ever do without them? I swear, (not really. Well, ok, only sometimes when its really important, but I digress...) I think I must look like a total idiot since moving here. I have had to be "rescued" more times than I can count. I really am not that big of a Daphne-- You know, the girl in Scooby doo that is always the damsel in distress getting rescued?!? It only looks like it!

It only took all day to get poor Thing 2 to the Doctor to find out that he has a sinus infection (ick) and the starting of pneumonia (yikes), with a raging fever ( I knew that one). Poor little guy! He is one sick little dude! I got him home, and into the bath with some great medicine that Hombre brought home. Thing 2 actually slept really well.

"Is that all?" You say to make you feel like a cute, little doggie about to be squashed by a 300 lb lady? Ooohhhhh Noooo! Let me continue on with the saga.

Today, Thing2 stayed home from school. Duh! Thing3 starts in with a fever about 1pm, and I was finally able to get her to sleep by about 2pm. Thing1 calls at 3:10pm "dying, she is soo sick and just can't take school any longer." Now, mind you school gets out at 3:20pm. I get the message through Anonymous Mom, because Thing1 couldn't reach me on the phone. Thing1 wanted Anonymous Mom to come and pick her up, which, thankfully she told her to ride the bus home. For heavens sakes People! I was in the shower, sheesh. One needs to wash the stench off at some point in time! Anyway, I thought for sure that because of the way she was acting something major had gone down at school. But Noooo! She just had the flu.

Ok. 2 down, 1 more to go. I get all the Things in their P.J's, get the vaporizer on them, and we settle in to watch the flood of Christmas shows that are sprouting up on every single channel. While we are all getting settled in, Thing3 falls off the bed ( see, here comes my new mantra:
NO MORE MONKEYS JUMPING ON THE BED!!!), hits her head on the corner of the nightstand, and then lands in a pile of Rescue Heros. She is wailing up a storm, and I pick her up to console her, only to get a hand full of blood. NOW-- anyone that knows me KNOWS that I am useless in an emergency. But, I had the sense to get a wet towel and put pressure on it. Boy, who would've thought a head that little could hold that much blood. YUCK!! Anyway.. Hombre has been stuck in traffic for over 45 minutes and hadn't even left the city yet-- and by the way, he was sick too. Oh, lucky me. Now everyone but the dog was sick. I was probably going to come home to a sick dog too, the way this was starting to pan out.

I was flying solo. Thank heavens for Anonymous Mom, yet again. I think that I am going to have to write her her own theme song! You know, like the A-Teams??! She seems to be doing a whole lot of rescueing lately. All of the sick things went to Anonymous Grandmas, and I had to borrow her car, cause you know-- my car sucks and all.

Poor little Thing3 kept telling everyone at A.G's house how she had a hole in her head. She fell and cracked her head, and now there was a hole in it. Anonymous Baby sister tried to convince her that she should put salad in her hole, but she didn't think that was funny. She told Anonymous baby sister that she was going to go to the doctors and get a magic bandaide. Thank heavens she still believes everything I tell her. Bandaids can solve all your problems! Did you know that? It's true!

Poor little Thing 3-- she got 2 stitches. It was rather traumatic, especially since there was a little boy in the room next to ours who was also getting stitches-- more than 10-- and he was screaming like a banshe! Thing3 was getting more and more nervous. It was actually horrid to watch her get those blasted things. But what did I do? I sang her 'Popcorn popping on the Apricot tree" and "Do you know the muffin man?" I couldn't think of anything else to do.

So, thats my life. 3 sick kids, a dog who ate 2 diapers while I was gone (she really WILL be sick tonight! Dumb dog!), a sick Hombre and a little one with stitches in her head. All in a days work I suppose.

I got everyone into bed, and then I had to go get McDonalds and "unwind". Nothing calms my nerves faster than McDee's Diet coke and fries. I know, I know! Sick and wrong. Yes, I have seen the nasty movie "Super Size Me", But hey, what can you do? You can either freak-out, or roll with the punches. I choose to roll, and eat french fries and drink diet coke. If I have any more days like today I will literally BE rolling... from all that fat!


  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes