Epiphany

Saturday, December 24, 2005




Today was The Anonymous Family's Christmas party. Hombre and I realized that this was the first time in our married life that we had spent the holidays with his family out here in the west. Shame on us. When we lived in the Mid-West, we always made the trek down to his Dads house on Christmas Eve. But, once his Dad died, we stopped. It was great to just hang out with everyone! Everyone was there--Granny, Anonymous Grandma J, Anonymous Grandpa E, Auntie W, Aunt H and lots and lots of cousins! The kids were in hog heaven!

Today is also Granny's birthday. Granny is such a beautiful woman. She was once a beauty queen, did you know that? She is so elegant and refined. She was so happy to have everyone there to celebrate with her. She got such a kick out of listening to us all talk about "getting old". She laughed and laughed, and then she cried. She misses Grandfather. She was soo happy to have us all there! It was such a great day!

As I sat there watching everyone interact, I was overcome with gratitude and love. It was nothing short of a miracle! I had this epiphany that I truely DID love these people. It's not such a bad thing to realize that you love your spouses family! They are so kind, loving, accepting and non judgemental. They love you just as you are! I always leave them feeling so good about myself. I love Hombres family! And, I can honestly say that they love me too.


Grandma J made the Things the most amazing dolls! I had no idea that she was so talented! She made Thing 1 a Fairey Princess--which she is enamored with! Thing 2's is this amazing Dragon, who is holding a "diamond" in his claw! It is freaking amazing! Laurens is this beautiful, cuddly doll. Anonymous Cousin P has one too--twin dolls for the twin girls!

Auntie W and I were trying to convince Anonymous Grandma J that she needed to start selling these. She should put them up on the internet and try to sell them. They are beautiful. She also has these AWESOME Harry Potter dolls! I was stunned at how totally cool they are! Someone offered her $250 for the set-- which is underpriced! They are amazing!

Anonymous AuntH is having a fit cause Anonymous Cousin P, she says, has turned into a Jesus Freak! I laughed so hard. A.H. says that all P wants to watch is Jesus movies. Jesus, Mary, Joesph, thats all she can talk about. A.H. says "I have Santa, Frosty, Rudolph movies, but I have Zero Jesus Movies." We all got a kick out of that. I am going to buy P some Jesus Movies, and give her a Nativity that she can play with. She will think that is cool!

So, I had an Epiphany! I am grateful to be here with Hombre's family. I am grateful that we are all together, and happy. I am grateful that he has so many cousins that are so kind to us. I am grateful for his Mother. She is a kind, loving woman.

Yup! I had an Epiphany, and boy did it feel good!


  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes