Happy Birthday

Sunday, December 04, 2005



Happy Birthday Little Man!! My little man, Thing2, is 7 today. It is soo exciting, but it is also sad. He is growing up, and I might add, into quite a handsome little guy! I can not believe that next year he will be 8... that just blows my mind.

Now, let me explain something... in my church, the 8th birthday is a big deal. It's the age when, if one chooses, they can be baptized into full membership of the church. With Thing1 we spent the whole year leading up to her baptism going over all the teachings and beliefs with her. She was MORE than ready when the time came for her to be baptized. She was born with a HUGE testimony.

ANYWAY-- Last night we were opening Birthday presents with Grandma and Pappy. Hombre was talking to Thing2 about his birthday and asked him what was going to happen on his next birthday. Thinking that he would say something to the effect of "get baptized". Oh No! Nothing of the sort. Without missing a beat, he said "I'll get MORE presents." Oh geeze! We have a lot of work ahead of us, if he is going to be ready to get baptized. Silly boy! Or should I say "Bad Mommy & Daddy"!?!


  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes