Panic Shopping
Wednesday, December 21, 2005

About this time of year, everything sortof becomes a blur. It feels like the world is spinning out of control. I start to panic that the things that we methodically planned to get for the kids is not enough, or right. I hate this point of the holidays! It's a good thing that I don't try and get the holiday shopping done before the 15th of December-- I would be the panic shopper. You know who you are-- panic shopping is when you freak out that the stuff you already have isn't right, so you go out and buy more. More stuff that they don't need with the hopes that that stuff will make it a perfect holiday.
I ran into someone I knew at the Mall a few days ago that was panic shopping. I was panic shopping. I needed to tell myself over and over-- "step away from the checkout counter". I found myself almost purchasing that one item that I have banned from Thing 1, cause she IS only 10--a cell phone. Luckily for me, I came to my senses and ran away fast from the cell phones. Could you imagine the horror on Hombre's face when she opened THAT gift? I have talked nothing but smack about 10year olds and cell phones--what a hypocrit I would be.
Panic shopping. It's a bad, bad thing. I am the worst at it too. I tell Hombre every year that I want to be done with Christmas "this year" by the beginning of November, and every year he tells me THAT is a bad idea. I will post this once and ONLY once, so read carefully HE IS RIGHT! I would end up spending more money if I followed my brilliant plan.

















