First Friday

Friday, December 02, 2005

Today is the first Friday of December. Usually, on the first Friday in December, all of my friends and I would be hanging out, making merry and having a grand ole time. Tonight is the first night in a very very long time that it hasn't happened. I know that they are continuing on without me, and that is as it should be.

So, in the spirit of merry making-- I made up some of my favorite treats and ate them ALL BY MYSELF!! Well, granted they were mostly leftovers from Sunday's- post-turkey- party... but that's not the point... I ate all the treats by myself and watched Bruce Almighty with Hombre. Then, ran Thing1 to her friends house, and checked out Christmas with the Kranks to continue on in the party mode! :0)

Hopefully by this time next year I will know enough people to start the annual tradition up again. It took a while when I moved into the old house to start it up there. I have nothing but time I am coming to understand, and so hopefully by next year I will know enough people that I can invite more than just my family.

On a different subject totally... 7 years ago my son was born. It was a friday morning, 12:54am. The morning of Hombre's first law school final. He had been studying through the first half of my labor for the torte final. At first, I had thought it was funny, but towards the end it made me mad and he quit. After Thing2 arrived, Hombre went and cleaned himself up, visited with Thing1 and then took his first law school exam. He did pretty well, considering.

Thing2 turns 7 on Sunday. S.E.V.E.N. !! I can't believe it. Where did all that time go. He used to love to cuddle with me... long gone are those days. He is a joy to have around. He is such a kind and thoughtful little boy. I am so grateful that he is my child. He makes everyone around him happy. He has an infectious laugh. Thing2 turns 7-- and all too soon he will be grown-up and gone.

These children have brought me so much joy. My life is much richer with them in it. I couldn't imagine going through life without them. I thank my Father in Heaven for them daily. Even when they are naughty!


  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes