Random Randomness and then some tunes
Friday, November 07, 2008
If you ever fall off the Sears Tower, just go real limp, because maybe you'll look like a dummy and people will try to catch you because, hey, free dummy.
- Deep Thoughts by Jack Handy on SNL
My kids thought Old Faithful was boring.
I know!
I thought the same thing. They were really excited when we were sitting there, waiting for old faithful to do its thang... and then when it started, Thing 2 looked at Jefe and said: "That's it?? That's all it does? We drove all that way for THIS??" Then he rolled his eyes, sighed and said "I'm bored. Can we go to the store?"
Everyone around us thought it was a hoot that he did that. I was sort of embarrassed. I mean, what have I done wrong that my kids think the most amazing, natural- set-your-watch-by- it's- so- predictable- phenomenon be boring??
Kids. {{sigh}}
Seriously! Do it!
I want to email you...
and stalk you...
and creep you out...
The other night we were driving home, and Deeee-LI-laaaahhh (said in my obnoxious sing songy voice) was on. She was trying to solve some woman's boyfriend problems when I hear from the backseat "You're not a freakin' therapist! Shut up!" I spun my head around to see who said it (thing1) and Thing 3 pipes up "Yeah! You're not a fera-fist. so zip it!" I didn't even get mad, because I was thinking the exact same thing.
Delilah. She's a freaker.
That makes my eye twitch too.
Well, there you have it. The random stuff from my brain. I am pretty excited about it being the weekend. I plan on relaxing and getting caught up on life. I have a goal set to paint my house. I have white walls... and it's a little like living in an insane asylum. I just wish I were good at decorating... I sort of suck at it.
{{sigh}}
Happy weekend folks! Give me some new good tunes to listen to. I'm getting bored with my current selection!
1. Love Song - Sara Bareilles
2. The Game (Acoustic) - Echo & The Bunnymen
3. Message In a Bottle - John Mayer
4. Burn - Ray LaMontagne
5. Lulluaby (Goodbye, My Angel) - Billy Joel
6. Last Dollar (Fly Away) - Tim McGraw
7. Skin - Rascal Flatts
8. Shake Your Body (Down To The Ground) - Michael Jackson
9. The Remedy - Jason Mraz
10. Baby's Got Sauce - G. Love & The Special Sauce
Bonus: Little Black Backpack (acoustic) - Stroke 9
- Deep Thoughts by Jack Handy on SNL
My kids thought Old Faithful was boring.
I know!
I thought the same thing. They were really excited when we were sitting there, waiting for old faithful to do its thang... and then when it started, Thing 2 looked at Jefe and said: "That's it?? That's all it does? We drove all that way for THIS??" Then he rolled his eyes, sighed and said "I'm bored. Can we go to the store?"
Everyone around us thought it was a hoot that he did that. I was sort of embarrassed. I mean, what have I done wrong that my kids think the most amazing, natural- set-your-watch-by- it's- so- predictable- phenomenon be boring??
Kids. {{sigh}}
*********************************************************************
On our little soiree to the great white north(I really like that word) we saw Moose, Deer, Elk, Bison (or Fuffalos as the kids liked to say) a dead Porcupine and a dead Coyote. It was pretty cool. I absolutely love Jackson Hole & Yellowstone. I am so grateful that I was finally able to share those places with my city-slicker husband! (and kids too. even though they thought it was boring)**********************************************************
Is it just me, or is anyone else glad to not have to listen to election predictions anymore? I think that talking politics for the next 3 months (or longer) should be banned. And result in fines. Heavy heavy fines. Lets talk about candy, or soda, or hamburgers... just not politics. I'm sick of it.*********************************************************************
Have you added your email to your profile yet? I am always so surprised at how many people haven't done that yet.Seriously! Do it!
I want to email you...
and stalk you...
and creep you out...
*****************************************************************
Have you ever heard of Delilah? She's some freak-a-zoid radio DJ that fancies herself as some sort of therapist as well (think sleepless in Seattle). Seriously. She makes my eye full on twitch. I don't know why I punish myself by actually listening to her... but sometimes I'm masochistic like that. I usually find myself yelling "you're NOT a freaking therapist-- your a DJ!", and pounding the steering wheel. She really bugs the crap out of me!The other night we were driving home, and Deeee-LI-laaaahhh (said in my obnoxious sing songy voice) was on. She was trying to solve some woman's boyfriend problems when I hear from the backseat "You're not a freakin' therapist! Shut up!" I spun my head around to see who said it (thing1) and Thing 3 pipes up "Yeah! You're not a fera-fist. so zip it!" I didn't even get mad, because I was thinking the exact same thing.
Delilah. She's a freaker.
****************************************************************
There are 2 radio stations around here that are playing Christmas music. It sort of makes me want to stab myself in the eye with a fork. I really like Christmas music. I actually like it a lot... but I have been singing Christmas music since the beginning of October with my little Elementary school choir. Can't they wait until Thanksgiving is over before starting with the Christmas music?? It really bugs me that Thanksgiving totally gets skipped over by people. I wanted to vomit when I went into the stores and saw Christmas crap out and it was OCTOBER! Seriously.That makes my eye twitch too.
*************************************************************
I have been reading Clinton's (from What Not To Wear) Face book page. Apparently I am in even more dire straights than I realized. He says you should NEVER wear Crocs... unless you are a Nurse or a Dentist. I am neither, and I wear Crocs. All the time.
I think it's getting desperate over here in Crazyland. Stacy & Clinton wouldn't even want to help me. I just bought myself 2 new dresses-- the same dress actually-- in 2 different colors. When I buy a shirt I like-- I do the same thing. I will get 4 shirts that are the same except for the color. I would be the perfect candidate for their mockery... err... I mean help. I have no style. I have no garnishments for my bod... And I wear Crocs.
I have been reading Clinton's (from What Not To Wear) Face book page. Apparently I am in even more dire straights than I realized. He says you should NEVER wear Crocs... unless you are a Nurse or a Dentist. I am neither, and I wear Crocs. All the time.
I think it's getting desperate over here in Crazyland. Stacy & Clinton wouldn't even want to help me. I just bought myself 2 new dresses-- the same dress actually-- in 2 different colors. When I buy a shirt I like-- I do the same thing. I will get 4 shirts that are the same except for the color. I would be the perfect candidate for their mockery... err... I mean help. I have no style. I have no garnishments for my bod... And I wear Crocs.
*************************************************************
Here is another public service announcement: 41 days until Christmas.
(after I just ranted about Christmas music. That right there is Irony)
How do you do the whole gift giving/Santa thing? Do you go all Ape sh@$? I am always interested in hearing how people do their Christmas giving to the kids from parents, siblings and then Santa.
Spill the beans here, folks. How do you handle all the gifts so that its not a glutenous experience?
(after I just ranted about Christmas music. That right there is Irony)
How do you do the whole gift giving/Santa thing? Do you go all Ape sh@$? I am always interested in hearing how people do their Christmas giving to the kids from parents, siblings and then Santa.
Spill the beans here, folks. How do you handle all the gifts so that its not a glutenous experience?
************************************************************
Well, there you have it. The random stuff from my brain. I am pretty excited about it being the weekend. I plan on relaxing and getting caught up on life. I have a goal set to paint my house. I have white walls... and it's a little like living in an insane asylum. I just wish I were good at decorating... I sort of suck at it.
{{sigh}}
Happy weekend folks! Give me some new good tunes to listen to. I'm getting bored with my current selection!
1. Love Song - Sara Bareilles
2. The Game (Acoustic) - Echo & The Bunnymen
3. Message In a Bottle - John Mayer
4. Burn - Ray LaMontagne
5. Lulluaby (Goodbye, My Angel) - Billy Joel
6. Last Dollar (Fly Away) - Tim McGraw
7. Skin - Rascal Flatts
8. Shake Your Body (Down To The Ground) - Michael Jackson
9. The Remedy - Jason Mraz
10. Baby's Got Sauce - G. Love & The Special Sauce
Bonus: Little Black Backpack (acoustic) - Stroke 9

















