Random Randomness and then some tunes

Friday, November 28, 2008

I know that there are people who do not love their fellow man, and I hate people like that!
- Tom Lehrer (1928 - )



I think I am in a turkey coma. I got up this morning and what do you think I had for breakfast? Yup.
Turkey, sweet potatoes and spinach artichoke dip.
Lunch?
Yup.
Turkey & gravy, sweet potatoes (which are gone now. sniff sniff)
For the next day or so, you can pretty much guess--with 100% accuracy-- what I will be consuming. My glorious Thanksgiving leftovers. I even bought extra stuff so that I could make more if we ran out... sick. I know.

It was a glorious day. We pulled out Rock Band, and even got my Dad to rock out on it! It was grand fun to watch him playing the guitar! My sister and her husband played straight for almost 3 hours... it was fun to sit and watch them having so much fun. I could hear Thing 3 and Mister in the playroom playing Mario Carts, and laughing like a bunch of crazy fools. The sounds and feelings coming from my home were like an intoxicating drug. It really was a good great fantastic perfect day.

*****************************************************************

Did you venture out this morning? I got up to go brave the crowds but I abruptly came to my senses. It was cold. I'm a pansy and I was tired. It has been nice to just lounge around the house today-- I even took a nap.
Gasp!
I haven't done that in a really long time. It felt great.

Then I ate some more food. (and gained like 10 lbs)

******************************************************************

I have to let you in on my dirty little secret. Really. I think that once this little nugget is out-- you just may delete me from your reader.

Ahem.

I like Barry Manilow.

Did you hear the giant SWOOSH of people hitting unsubscribe?

Oh well. I really do like him. Mock me if you want. I don't care. Much.

He was on the Today show this morning... and I really like his voice. Not his nose. His voice. It's like butta!

{{I feel like I should go to confession now...}}

***************************************************************

Do you have your lists made for all the gifts you are going to be getting in the next 27 days? Not to totally freak you out-- but there are 27 days until Christmas. I haven't even given it a thought as to what SANTA *wink wink* is bringing the Kiddos.
Nothing. Nada. Zippo. Zilch.
That is the other reason I didn't go out this morning... I had no agenda.

But the tree is up! Thanks Jefe.

****************************************************************

Not my children and not my photo. Thanks flickr.

We took the kids to ride the Polar Express on Wednesday night. We didn't tell them what we were doing-- we just packed them into the car and took off for our drive to the train. We put in The Polar Express to watch and every time they would ask us where we were going, we would tell them it was a surprise and they should just watch the movie. (All the while snickering at our sheer brilliance! WE WERE TELLING THEM WITH THE MOVIE!)

When we finally pulled up in front of The Polar Express, Thing 3 shrieked "Are we riding The Polar Express? We're riding The Polar Express guys!" She and Moxie were so fun to watch. Moxie danced, and shrieked and banged on the windows of the train. She thought the elves were brilliant and could NOT hold still. It was more fun watching the two little kids than anything at all. Even Thing 1 was getting into the magic of it all. The Christmas Caroling! The goodies! It was magic!

As soon as we pulled out from the station, they brought us hot coco and cookies-- just like in the book. Then we read the story together, and rang our jingle bells. Moxie really liked this part-- she rang her blasted bell THE entire. freaking. time.
And danced. Boy howdy! Did that baby girl ever dance! She loved it!

I wish I would have watched the movie BEFORE we got in the car though, because I would have made my kids wear their PJ's instead of their nice clothes... Everyone was in their PJ's!
Really, it was such a great way to kick off our holiday!

When we finally got to the "North Pole", Thing 3's face was priceless! That look of sheer wonder is seared into my brain for all eternity! She was thrilled!
And then!
THEN
!
When Santa got on the train?
Oh my word!
It made me a little teary.
But then, so do Hallmark commercials.

not my picture either. thanks flickr!

*****************************************************************

Happy 5 day weekend people! Enjoy your leftovers and lounging by the fire and reading a good book! I will be! This is the time of year that I re-read all 7 of the Harry Potters-- from the beginning! I have done this ever since they first came out... Oh how I love those books!

Yes. I know I am a total nerd. So?

What are you listening to?? Do you have any new tune suggestions for me??

(sheesh. I guess I had a lot to say about the tunes this week!)

Catch ya on the flip side!


1. Jingle Bell Rock - Straight No Chaser *These guys are amazing! All acapella!*
2. Amsterdam (Live) - Coldplay
3. Car Wash - Rose Royce
4. Colors - Amos Lee
5. Good People All, This Christmastide (vocal) - MoTab *the violin solo is haunting!*
6. Copacabana (at the copa) - Barry Manilow *its the remix-- wowzers!
7. Santa Claus Is Coming To Town - Straight No Chaser
8. La Cienega Just Smiled - Ryan Adams
9. River Flows In You - Yiruma *this is the song that I thought would be Edwards song to Dumb-Bell(a) in the stupid vampire movie* It is beautiful!
10. Don't Feel Like Dancin' - Scissor Sisters

Bonus: A Baby Changes Everything - Faith Hill *This may be my favorite x-mas song so far! Secretly, I wish I was Faith...*


  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes