Random Randomness and then some tunes
Friday, November 14, 2008
Sometimes the mind, for reasons we don't necessarily understand, just decides to go to the store for a quart of milk. - - Diane Frolov and Andrew Schneider
Did you see the moon last night? I was out driving around, rather late, and looked up to my mountains, and noticed something, uh-- glowing?! It was a little creepy at first... then I realized it was the snow and the moon was reflecting off it and that made it look like it was glowing.
Yes.
Glowing.
It was incredible. I wish I would have had a lens for my camera that would have been able to capture the beauty that was last night! The moon, the mountains and the glowing snow... it was breath taking!
Did you watch ER last night? Oh my goodness! Is it just me, or is this season one of the very best that they have had? Never mind the fact that its THE FINAL SEASON of show-- it just plain rocks! I have watched this show since it first started-- back in 1994. I remember being first married, home alone at night (Jefe was working nights) and watching the season premier of ER. I have been hooked ever since.
When we moved to Chicago, do you know what the first thing was that we did? Yup. We went and found the hospital that ER was "filmed" in. I have also been to the "top of the hospital" which is actually the Chicago Hilton & Towers-- yes. The roof of the hospital is actually the roof of a hotel. Anyway. This season has been the best one yet... and I feel a little verklempt over it ending!
So, she played scales.
For 30 minutes straight.
It took all of the self control I could muster to not yell. But, then I decided that if she wanted to play scales for 30 minutes... then knock your self out sister. No skin off my nose! I just went to my happy place.
1. Eye of the Hurricane - Eye of the Hurricane
2. White Christmas - Bing Crosby
3. Feels Like Tonight - Daughtry
4. Home - Michael Buble
5. Kid - Amos Lee
6. Glass - Ingrid Michaelson
7. Voices Carry - Til Tuesday
8. The Dress - Blonde Redhead
9. Roll With Me - Montgomery Gentry
10. Relative - Gavin DeGraw
Bonus: Some Say - Rascal Flatts
Did you see the moon last night? I was out driving around, rather late, and looked up to my mountains, and noticed something, uh-- glowing?! It was a little creepy at first... then I realized it was the snow and the moon was reflecting off it and that made it look like it was glowing.
Yes.
Glowing.
It was incredible. I wish I would have had a lens for my camera that would have been able to capture the beauty that was last night! The moon, the mountains and the glowing snow... it was breath taking!
*************************************************************
Did you watch ER last night? Oh my goodness! Is it just me, or is this season one of the very best that they have had? Never mind the fact that its THE FINAL SEASON of show-- it just plain rocks! I have watched this show since it first started-- back in 1994. I remember being first married, home alone at night (Jefe was working nights) and watching the season premier of ER. I have been hooked ever since.
When we moved to Chicago, do you know what the first thing was that we did? Yup. We went and found the hospital that ER was "filmed" in. I have also been to the "top of the hospital" which is actually the Chicago Hilton & Towers-- yes. The roof of the hospital is actually the roof of a hotel. Anyway. This season has been the best one yet... and I feel a little verklempt over it ending!
****************************************************************
Teenagers. ugh. I think that they purposely do things just to push your buttons, and to try and get you to go insane! Seriously. Thing 1 was supposed to be practicing the piano last night, but she was pretty ticked off at me. Why? Who knows. I asked her to please, for the love of all that's holy, COUNT! We argued for a few minutes... when she decided that she would try and push my buttons.So, she played scales.
For 30 minutes straight.
It took all of the self control I could muster to not yell. But, then I decided that if she wanted to play scales for 30 minutes... then knock your self out sister. No skin off my nose! I just went to my happy place.
******************************************************************
It's official. My children have been assimilated into Utah culture. It's actually quite frightening. They are starting to talk in the annoying quaint Utah accent... and say things like "oh my heck" and "gunnu (going to)" My eye's twitch a little every time they utter those Utahisms. (yes. I know I grew up in Utah. Shut up) I feel myself being a little mournful over the fact that they are loosing their sweet Chicago accent...
I'll be honest here. I really don't get the whole BYU/UofU rivalry thing. I think its sort of dumb actually. People get SO freakisly over the top with regards to their loyalty towards each school. I have never really understood it. I consider myself a fairly loyal person-- but this? It's weird. They are both great schools... so really who cares? Is it just me, or does anyone else think that the whole rivalry thing is dumb? (should I be hiding from the egg throwers now?)
Catch ya on the flip side!
*****************************************************************
My son is completely over the moon for BYU, and was completely shocked when I told him that Jefe and I actually did not attend BYU, but rather the UofU. I think he sort of threw up a little. I am not sure where his deep seated love for BYU has come from, but its there. And those blue waters run deep for him.I'll be honest here. I really don't get the whole BYU/UofU rivalry thing. I think its sort of dumb actually. People get SO freakisly over the top with regards to their loyalty towards each school. I have never really understood it. I consider myself a fairly loyal person-- but this? It's weird. They are both great schools... so really who cares? Is it just me, or does anyone else think that the whole rivalry thing is dumb? (should I be hiding from the egg throwers now?)
******************************************************************
There you have it folks. My randomness. I hope you have a splendid weekend! Shoot me some comment lovin' with ideas for new tunes to stalk or book suggestions...I'm getting desperate for some good books to read, folks. I want some brainless fluff to read. I don't want to have to think very hard, just a good fluff book to loose myself in this weekend. Do you have any suggestions for me? I actually went to the bookstore last night, and wandered around, enjoying my Godiva venti hot chocolate... and could not find one thing I just couldn't live without. Seriously, that is SO unlike me!
I really need a good book to read.
Help.
I really need a good book to read.
Help.
*************************************************************
I have had a headache for 4 days now. Four days people. That's 3 days too many. Seriously people. 4 days? I can not for the life of me figure out what in the sam hill is going on. I take Tylenol, and Advil... but nothing. Last night, I whipped out the pain pills... I felt great (duh!)... but the headache and neck ache returned first thing this morning. I told Jefe that I thought I had an aneurysm that was getting ready to aneuryise (yes. i know that's not a real word...). He just mumbled something about me being a hypochondriac.. whatever THAT means... I am going to schedule myself a massage. It can be for right after the Dentist... I'll need a massage after going to the Dentist for sure! Speaking of Dentists... I really have a huge phobia when it comes to Dentists. I hate going to the Dentist, because if I brushed and flossed all day, every day, I would STILL have cavities. Seriously. Jefe didn't go to the Dentist in 10 years people, and did he have a cavity?
Umm. NO.
Does that bother me?
Umm. YES.
I have had a headache for 4 days now. Four days people. That's 3 days too many. Seriously people. 4 days? I can not for the life of me figure out what in the sam hill is going on. I take Tylenol, and Advil... but nothing. Last night, I whipped out the pain pills... I felt great (duh!)... but the headache and neck ache returned first thing this morning. I told Jefe that I thought I had an aneurysm that was getting ready to aneuryise (yes. i know that's not a real word...). He just mumbled something about me being a hypochondriac.. whatever THAT means... I am going to schedule myself a massage. It can be for right after the Dentist... I'll need a massage after going to the Dentist for sure! Speaking of Dentists... I really have a huge phobia when it comes to Dentists. I hate going to the Dentist, because if I brushed and flossed all day, every day, I would STILL have cavities. Seriously. Jefe didn't go to the Dentist in 10 years people, and did he have a cavity?
Umm. NO.
Does that bother me?
Umm. YES.
***********************************************************
Catch ya on the flip side!
1. Eye of the Hurricane - Eye of the Hurricane
2. White Christmas - Bing Crosby
3. Feels Like Tonight - Daughtry
4. Home - Michael Buble
5. Kid - Amos Lee
6. Glass - Ingrid Michaelson
7. Voices Carry - Til Tuesday
8. The Dress - Blonde Redhead
9. Roll With Me - Montgomery Gentry
10. Relative - Gavin DeGraw
Bonus: Some Say - Rascal Flatts

















