Soundtrack Sunday

Sunday, November 09, 2008




We spent this weekend with our friends chill-axing at a hotel. It was great fun, and very, very nice. Have you ever slept in a Marriott bed?
Holy Cannoli, Batman!
Those beds ROCK!
I forgot just how totally amazing they are, and I wish I could have figured out how to bring it home...

I told Jefe I was a little worried that our friends would realize what complete whack-a-dos we really are and decide that they should tell us to peddle our crazy somewhere else.

Only time will tell.

It was fun for me to watch my children play with the neighbors-- their friends. It was fun to see them swimming, and eating pizza until we were all sick. I think we *may* have scared some of the restaurant patrons with our antics (ok. really it was my loud mouth-- but whatever).

not my son

It was awesome (that was said dripping with sarcasm) when my son decided he should try to hit his Dad with a spit ball-- in a crowded restaurant-- only he missed, and hit the guy sitting 2 tables away-- in the side of the head.
That guy was NOT happy. To say the least. I have NEVER, in all my life, see a dirty look quite like that one! Truth be told, I was not happy either. Actually, I was really embarrassed-- that is until he left, and then it suddenly became incredibly funny!

However, I think my favorite part was when I was sitting at the pool, chill-axing, and I suddenly could hear this singing coming from somewhere else on the patio. I turned around to see my son, and his friend singing their little hearts out, doing air guitar and drums to Eye of the Tiger. I love that they were singing it, and doing the air stuff-- and it sounded great! It was echoing all over the place and it was SWEET!

I have posted before about how much my kids love this song! Whenever they hear "the real one", they all start doing the air drums and guitars-- and seriously? It's dead on-- even with the face melting solos! It makes me happy to see our Rock band usage coming to life for them. We have played this game pretty much every day-- as a family-- since we bought it. My son actually likes to tell me all about his day as he is trying to jam out with the guitar! That makes my heart soar when he does this because its like pulling teeth to get him to talk at all.

So, maybe this whole Rockband gig is not such a bad habit after all!

I may have bought this hoodie this weekend to wear. I tried to get everyone else to get one too-- so it could be our "official band uniform"... But they told me it was a little weird.

Whatever that means.


  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes