They're Alive and Not Imaginary!
Saturday, November 22, 2008
Well. I didn't get knifed. Whew. That was a relief! I told Jefe, when I was leaving for our little meet n greet, that if I never returned, he should look for me in the parking lot.
I will be honest... I was actually quite nervous. I love reading people's blogs. It sort of fits nicely with my voyeuristic personality! But, what if when they meet me in real life, my annoying part comes out? What if my breath stunk? What if I talked to much, or too loudly?
What if... what if... what if...
Someone actually mentioned it might be easier if we would have all brought our computers-- then we could have just left each other comments-- "Hey! I like you! You are even funnier in real life than on your blog!"
Sher and I rode down together, and had planned on making everyone our version of a craft... a tacky jingle bell necklace. But, we got so sidetracked singing Wicked tunes (harmony and all, thank you very much) that the necklaces were quickly forgotten. Oh well. It's the thought that counts!
We did, however, walk in with our own bells on. Carrying the left over jingle bells. I mean, I did say I would be there with bells on! And we were! Feather boa jingle bell necklaces. I know you're jealous! It was pretty sweet!
As I looked around the table at these strangers, I realized they really weren't strangers at all. It felt more like we were a bunch of old friends that just hadn't seen each other in a really long time. It was delightful!!
We sat and talked about infertility, Frumpy's tumor, my weird high school reunion, Binders craptastic health insurance and Sher's son's kleptomania (not really. He's 5!). We were excited for Wonder Woman's most excellent shoe party (oh how I wish we could have gone... shoes. glorious shoes!) and Red's most obedient missionary boy in Russia!
They were more fun in real life than their blogs are able to portray! And, my lettuce wraps were simply divine! I out ordered myself again. I got the wraps and some sort of chicken cashew almond thingamajig... but the wraps were incredible!
I think that I would like to do this again. Anyone interested?


















