The first step of recovery is admitting there is a problem... RIGHT??

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Last night was our church Halloween party. I went to the party dressed up as a Rocker from Rock Band. I think I looked pretty slick (I wish I would have thought to take a photo of my rockin' self... doh!) Jefe stayed home with Moxie and Thing2.

Thing1, Thing 3 and I had a grand time rockin' the house at the church party. I had the guitar, the drum sticks and the microphone... I really was rockin' it, if I do say so myself! It was great fun to see all the adults do a double take as my black lipped-black eyes-black high-heeled boots-ripped up armbands-black shirt wearing-self strutted down the halls.

Yes.
I did strut.
Rockers totally strut.
Didn't you know?

Anyway. I came home and found out that our rock band pals were waiting for us to come and play. Thing 1 wanted to stay home and watch TV, and Moxie was sleeping happily, so at 9:30 pm we took off to our neighbors to rock out.

We had put all the kids in their bed to watch TV so that we could have "the good TV" to rock out on... I swear there is a time warp whenever we play rock band.
I kid you not.
Either that, or a giant worm-hole opens up when the game is turned on, because the next thing we knew?
Yeah. It was 2:30 in the morning.
I KNOW!! 2:30 in the morning!!

I think they were pumping oxygen into their basement so that we would rock all night long... because seriously?I wasn't even tired!

But this morning?? Yeah. My body was not made for such late nights. At least not any more its not. When I was younger, I was a total night owl. I loved staying up late-- and out late. But now, when I am STOOPID like that? My body punishes me the entire next day. All day. Punishment. My body has been yelling at me about how STOOPID I was to stay out all night-- PLAYING ROCK BAND!

I told Jefe that I felt like I had a hangover. He laughed at me and reminded me that I have never not at anytime in my life had any alcohol-- so how could I possibly know what a hangover felt like?? I assured him, that THIS-- right now, right here! THIS!! -- is how a hangover surely feels. He just laughed at me and said "No dear. They are much much worse."

Whatever.

I DO have a hangover.
A Rock band Hangover.


  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes