Random Randomness and then some tunes
Friday, October 10, 2008
Even though I was their captive, the Indians allowed me quite a bit of freedom. I could walk freely, make my own meals, and even hurl large rocks at their heads. It was only later that I discovered that they were not Indians at all but only dirty-clothes hampers.
- Jack Handy, SNL
My little Elementary choir started this week. We all get up and are at the school by 7:30 AM. Yes. In the morning. I have to admit that its really hard to get up and out the door by 7:15... but I am loving it! I love working with all the kids! This year we have 103 kids. Every year it gets bigger and bigger.
I love seeing the kids get so excited with learning the songs! We have some good stuff picked out this year... hard stuff. And, without fail, these kids learn these songs, and NAIL them! We are working hard to get our stuff recorded early so that all of our songs will be featured on the radio.
The last couple of years, only 1-2 songs were featured. Only because we didn't send in more. This year we want to record them all and have them all featured. The kids LOVE this! When they play our stuff on the radio, the principal plays it over the loudspeaker for the entire school to hear... and when its done, you should hear the pandemonium of applause... it is deeply satisfying!
I love seeing the kids at the school-- and having them rush up and give me big hugs. Most of the kids hadn't seen Moxie yet- so that was just a blast!
To say that the choir is a lot of work is an understatement. Yet, it is also one of the most rewarding things I have ever been involved in.
Did you know that SNL is now on Thursday nights too? They are doing a 30 minute weekend update on Thursdays about the election.
Holy funny, Batman! If you haven't watched it, you are missing out on some seriously good stuff.
Just one more reason that Thursday nights are next to Godliness--- So to speak. (let the bolt of lightening strike!)
Here is a little snippet from last night...
Two words: Laundry. GAH!
I was pretty bummed this morning when I cut open my avocado and it was all nasty brown inside. Scrambled eggs just aren't the same when there's not an avocado involved.
- Jack Handy, SNL
My little Elementary choir started this week. We all get up and are at the school by 7:30 AM. Yes. In the morning. I have to admit that its really hard to get up and out the door by 7:15... but I am loving it! I love working with all the kids! This year we have 103 kids. Every year it gets bigger and bigger.I love seeing the kids get so excited with learning the songs! We have some good stuff picked out this year... hard stuff. And, without fail, these kids learn these songs, and NAIL them! We are working hard to get our stuff recorded early so that all of our songs will be featured on the radio.
The last couple of years, only 1-2 songs were featured. Only because we didn't send in more. This year we want to record them all and have them all featured. The kids LOVE this! When they play our stuff on the radio, the principal plays it over the loudspeaker for the entire school to hear... and when its done, you should hear the pandemonium of applause... it is deeply satisfying!
I love seeing the kids at the school-- and having them rush up and give me big hugs. Most of the kids hadn't seen Moxie yet- so that was just a blast!
To say that the choir is a lot of work is an understatement. Yet, it is also one of the most rewarding things I have ever been involved in.
**************************************************************
Did you know that SNL is now on Thursday nights too? They are doing a 30 minute weekend update on Thursdays about the election.
Holy funny, Batman! If you haven't watched it, you are missing out on some seriously good stuff.
Just one more reason that Thursday nights are next to Godliness--- So to speak. (let the bolt of lightening strike!)
Here is a little snippet from last night...
******************************************************
Two words: Laundry. GAH!
******************************************************
I try to eat eggs and an avocado every morning for breakfast. It really grosses my family out. But, it is so yummy. It's good for you (they call it the heart healthy breakfast). I was pretty excited when the Doctor told me that Moxie was in the clear to start eating the avocado for breakfast with me (sans the eggs of course). I haven't tried it yet, but plan on it.I was pretty bummed this morning when I cut open my avocado and it was all nasty brown inside. Scrambled eggs just aren't the same when there's not an avocado involved.
***************************************************************
Do you think its a bad sign when you walk into the 7-11 and the store clerk not only knows your name but what you are buying?
Only because you go in there like every single day.
Sometimes twice?
Yeah. I thought so.
Only because you go in there like every single day.
Sometimes twice?
Yeah. I thought so.
*********************************************************
The librarian knows my name too. Every time I go into the Library, he will holler out "hey Motherboard! Good to see you." Then we chat about various books we have been reading. He always has great suggestions for me to read. He has endeared himself to my oldest. She had to find books to read on the 8th grade reading list (never mind that she is reading on a upper college level-- the teacher is adamant that she read the 8th grade reading list... this is whole 'nother rant for a whole 'nother day...)
Thing 1 was feeling rather discouraged and our awesome Librarian came up to her and talked books with her for over 30 minutes. He took her around the library-- pulling books from the shelves and telling her what books would be good ones to read. He remembers her name now too... and now he has earned himself another loyal fan!
Pretty smart on his part, don't ya think??
Have a fun weekend! Do something fun and leave me some more music to check out! What are you listening to?
1. Night Train - Amos Lee
2. If You Ever Stop Loving Me - Montgomery Gentry
3. White & Nerdy - Weird Al Yankovic
4. In The Crossfire - Starsailor
5. Picture To Burn - Taylor Swift
6. Your New Twin Sized Bed - Death Cab for Cutie
7. 42 - Coldplay
8. Sweatpea - Amos Lee
9. The Way I Am - Ingrid Michaelson *Thanks Queen Elizabeth!*
10. Everybody Knows - Ryan Adams
Bonus: Every Day - Rascal Flatts
Thing 1 was feeling rather discouraged and our awesome Librarian came up to her and talked books with her for over 30 minutes. He took her around the library-- pulling books from the shelves and telling her what books would be good ones to read. He remembers her name now too... and now he has earned himself another loyal fan!
Pretty smart on his part, don't ya think??
*************************************************************
There's my Random Randomness for today. Do you know that it was 41 degrees at 9:30 this morning when I took Thing 2 to school? It was. It's freaking cold. I like the cold weather-- I'm just not ready for snow!Have a fun weekend! Do something fun and leave me some more music to check out! What are you listening to?
1. Night Train - Amos Lee
2. If You Ever Stop Loving Me - Montgomery Gentry
3. White & Nerdy - Weird Al Yankovic
4. In The Crossfire - Starsailor
5. Picture To Burn - Taylor Swift
6. Your New Twin Sized Bed - Death Cab for Cutie
7. 42 - Coldplay
8. Sweatpea - Amos Lee
9. The Way I Am - Ingrid Michaelson *Thanks Queen Elizabeth!*
10. Everybody Knows - Ryan Adams
Bonus: Every Day - Rascal Flatts

















