What'd he say?
Thursday, October 02, 2008
In the fall, I get a very strange urge to listen to country music. It's the only time of year that I want to do the boot-scootin' boogie. Really bad. I am not sure what it is about this time of year that brings out my inner cowgirl, but it does.I find my radio station gets parked on various country stations--but only in the fall. The rest of the year the twang sort of grates on my nerves. I mean, there are the groups that I could listen to all year round-- Rascal Flatts, Montgomery Gentry, Alison Krauss... but Sugarland, Toby Keith and Brooks & Dunn??
Nope.
Only in the fall.
My inner cowgirl had taken over the radio stations recently while we were out doing errands. I wasn't really listening to what the song was about until Thing 2 said: "I don't get it... this song is weird. Is this guy in love with his dog?"
I sort of snapped back into reality and asked him what he meant. He said "Well. He keeps singing about his dog. Is he in love with his dog or something?"
I was pretty stern with "No! That's just weird! People do not do that! He's not in love with his dog. For Pete's sake!"
Then I heard the lyrics: "If I die before I wake, feed Jake. He's been a good dog. My best friend through it all. If I die before I wake, Feed Jake."
"Uhh. Yeah.
Thing 2?
I dunno what to tell you... except that this song IS weird. "
And I promptly changed the station to something a little less "ode to Fido"- ish.
Does Fall make you do strange things that you would not normally do other times of the year?

















