Let the purging begin

Thursday, October 16, 2008

I have joked over the past few months about my laundry. But, I don't think you really understand the seriousness of my problem. It was out of control. I was never caught up. It seemed like just when the laundry was folded and put away there would be 3 more loads show up on the laundry room floor.

I have joked that there were Gnomes living in my floors. Yeah. I wasn't really joking about that either. That was the only explanation I had for why the laundry was mysteriously showing up. It felt like my life was being run by laundry. The never ending laundry.

When I had my "Here me roar" moment, I remembered my friend in Illinois... I thought I was bad until I went to my friends home and she was lamenting about her laundry. I happily offered to help her. She laughed and said "Oh. I am WAY beyond help."

When we walked into her laundry room I didn't hold back. Not one little bit.
"OH. MY. HELL. How did your laundry get this out of control?"
My friend just shrugged her shoulders and sighed.

We sorted and sorted and sorted and took 9 bags of clothes to the Goodwill. NINE. And, we were only half way done at that point. We went through her kids closets and got another 9 bags of clothes. That is 18 GARBAGE bags of clothes we chucked. My friend cried and said that she couldn't believe how good she felt. She felt good, cleansed, purged and in control.

That is when I decided to do the same thing. I sent the kids off to school and I purged. I purged big time. I wasn't as out of control as my friend, but I did take 4 garbage bags and 3 Wal-mart bags to the local Goodwill. I tossed out 3 more garbage bags of junk and then I finished the laundry. FINISHED IT! All of it!

Yes. It's true. I have taken control of my life again.
And, it feels very, very good.


  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes