Random Randomness and then some Tunes
Friday, October 17, 2008
Normal is getting dressed in clothes that you buy for work and driving through traffic in a car that you are still paying for - in order to get to the job you need to pay for the clothes and the car, and the house you leave vacant all day so you can afford to live in it.
- Ellen Goodman (1941 - )
Just call us the Nerdtons. I think we are the only people on our entire street that didn't go away for this long weekend. The entire street is gone. I did notice that no one asked me to tend their dogs... I wonder why?? Probably smart on their part, since I am not the best dog babysitter around. Remember?
I actually find it quite weird that our state calls this holiday a "teaching day" when in actuality it is planned around the start of the deer hunt. When I was a kid they called it what it was-- Deer Hunt vacation. I am serious. They did. Let's just call a spade a spade. Shall we?
**********************************************************
In my quest to take control over my life, I cleaned out the cupboard where I keep all my Tupperware. I have umpteen hundred (Jefe's eye just twitched-- he hates that made up word!) lids, and umpteen hundred containers and neither the twain shall meet. How is this possible? How can I have so many containers and lids that do NOT match? How? How? Is someone coming in to my house, and playing a practical joke on me? Do they think its funny to switch out my lids so that when I am putting leftover dinner away-- I CAN NOT FIND A MATCH?? Seriously. It is driving me insane. Tell me this is not exclusive to my house.
I love it when people have their emails attached to their profiles. I like to email each person back when they comment. It's sort of like carrying on a little mini conversation, and more personal. Some of the comments that are left are funny-- and I want to respond to them. But, I feel weird going to their blogs to carry on the conversations. The people reading their blog comments would not understand the comment that I left that has NOTHING to do with their post. Now, I can hear some of my friends asking, How do I attach my email to my profile so that it then makes it possible for someone to email me back?
Well pull up a chair, I'll tell ya!
You go into Edit profile, then click the box that says Show my email address. Then scroll down to the email address box and enter your email there. I made an email address just for my blog, that way I am able to still maintain some privacy. I also have it set up to email me when I get comments on my blog. I have them sent to my blog email AND my personal email... That way when I want to answer someone back, I can do it from my blog email address. I love emailing you back-- it makes it more personal-- and like we really ARE friends-- and NOT just figments of my imagination! Won't you add your email address too??
I haven't had a Diet Coke in 2 days. I don't know why I have been refraining... but my mood and ginormous headache reflects the fact I have been sans diet coke. I had actually thought for about this long that I would try and give up all soda and candy.
Yeah. I don't think I am ready for that.
Let's call a spade a spade, shall we? I'm addicted. Hardcore addicted to Diet Coke.
Remember that I disclosed that the 7-11 guys know my poison? It's true. I was embarrassed about that, so I was trying get clean. It's just too hard. My kids were begging me this morning to go get a diet coke (not really) so that I wouldn't be Cruela De Ville.
I had put in here some stuff about blogtiquette, but I decided that it was getting too long. So it will have to become a post of its own. Look for that soon. I only want to do that because of an "argument" I got in with someone recently about what is and isn't proper etiquette. She Fancy's herself a super blogger but the stuff she was spouting was ridiculous. So, I will "borrow" from the REAL super bloggers, and give away some link love soon.
Like tomorrow.
Or right after I have my tub o' diet coke.
Which ever comes first. Hopefully the tub o' diet coke.
With some fries.
That's it folks. That's most of the randomness floating around in my brain.
It is a beautiful today. We are going Halloween costume shopping. Moxie is going to be a Cat, Thing 3 wants to be Dorothy, so I decided I would be the Wicked Witch of the West. I tried really hard to convince Thing 2 to be the Wizard, but he thought that was lame-O.
Bummer.
That would have been funny!
What are you going to be for Halloween??
Do you have any new tunes for me to listen to? If you do post your random randomness with some tunes on your own blog, let me know! I want to come visit!
1. Say - John Mayer
2. Rivers of Babylon(live) - Sublime
3. Over the Rainbow - Isreal Kamakawiwo'ole
4. Something Bad - Wicked, original Broadway cast
5. Peace, Love Happiness - G. Love & Special Sauce
6. Play My Music - Jonas Brothers (shut up!)
7. Free Fallin' (Live) - John Mayer
8. This is the Time - Billy Joel
9. Jeremy - Pearl Jam
10. The Day Before You Die - Rascal Flatts
Bonus: Life is a Highway - Tom Cochrane
- Ellen Goodman (1941 - )
Just call us the Nerdtons. I think we are the only people on our entire street that didn't go away for this long weekend. The entire street is gone. I did notice that no one asked me to tend their dogs... I wonder why?? Probably smart on their part, since I am not the best dog babysitter around. Remember?
I actually find it quite weird that our state calls this holiday a "teaching day" when in actuality it is planned around the start of the deer hunt. When I was a kid they called it what it was-- Deer Hunt vacation. I am serious. They did. Let's just call a spade a spade. Shall we?
**********************************************************
In my quest to take control over my life, I cleaned out the cupboard where I keep all my Tupperware. I have umpteen hundred (Jefe's eye just twitched-- he hates that made up word!) lids, and umpteen hundred containers and neither the twain shall meet. How is this possible? How can I have so many containers and lids that do NOT match? How? How? Is someone coming in to my house, and playing a practical joke on me? Do they think its funny to switch out my lids so that when I am putting leftover dinner away-- I CAN NOT FIND A MATCH?? Seriously. It is driving me insane. Tell me this is not exclusive to my house.
******************************************************************
I love it when people have their emails attached to their profiles. I like to email each person back when they comment. It's sort of like carrying on a little mini conversation, and more personal. Some of the comments that are left are funny-- and I want to respond to them. But, I feel weird going to their blogs to carry on the conversations. The people reading their blog comments would not understand the comment that I left that has NOTHING to do with their post. Now, I can hear some of my friends asking, How do I attach my email to my profile so that it then makes it possible for someone to email me back?
Well pull up a chair, I'll tell ya!
You go into Edit profile, then click the box that says Show my email address. Then scroll down to the email address box and enter your email there. I made an email address just for my blog, that way I am able to still maintain some privacy. I also have it set up to email me when I get comments on my blog. I have them sent to my blog email AND my personal email... That way when I want to answer someone back, I can do it from my blog email address. I love emailing you back-- it makes it more personal-- and like we really ARE friends-- and NOT just figments of my imagination! Won't you add your email address too??
*******************************************************************
I haven't had a Diet Coke in 2 days. I don't know why I have been refraining... but my mood and ginormous headache reflects the fact I have been sans diet coke. I had actually thought for about this long that I would try and give up all soda and candy.Yeah. I don't think I am ready for that.
Let's call a spade a spade, shall we? I'm addicted. Hardcore addicted to Diet Coke.
Remember that I disclosed that the 7-11 guys know my poison? It's true. I was embarrassed about that, so I was trying get clean. It's just too hard. My kids were begging me this morning to go get a diet coke (not really) so that I wouldn't be Cruela De Ville.
******************************************************************
I had put in here some stuff about blogtiquette, but I decided that it was getting too long. So it will have to become a post of its own. Look for that soon. I only want to do that because of an "argument" I got in with someone recently about what is and isn't proper etiquette. She Fancy's herself a super blogger but the stuff she was spouting was ridiculous. So, I will "borrow" from the REAL super bloggers, and give away some link love soon.
Like tomorrow.
Or right after I have my tub o' diet coke.
Which ever comes first. Hopefully the tub o' diet coke.
With some fries.
*************************************************************
That's it folks. That's most of the randomness floating around in my brain.
It is a beautiful today. We are going Halloween costume shopping. Moxie is going to be a Cat, Thing 3 wants to be Dorothy, so I decided I would be the Wicked Witch of the West. I tried really hard to convince Thing 2 to be the Wizard, but he thought that was lame-O.
Bummer.
That would have been funny!
What are you going to be for Halloween??
Do you have any new tunes for me to listen to? If you do post your random randomness with some tunes on your own blog, let me know! I want to come visit!
1. Say - John Mayer
2. Rivers of Babylon(live) - Sublime
3. Over the Rainbow - Isreal Kamakawiwo'ole
4. Something Bad - Wicked, original Broadway cast
5. Peace, Love Happiness - G. Love & Special Sauce
6. Play My Music - Jonas Brothers (shut up!)
7. Free Fallin' (Live) - John Mayer
8. This is the Time - Billy Joel
9. Jeremy - Pearl Jam
10. The Day Before You Die - Rascal Flatts
Bonus: Life is a Highway - Tom Cochrane

















