I guess I need to get my lazy rear off the couch more?

Monday, October 06, 2008

photo courtesy of flickr

This weekend my family went for a bike ride. Thing 3 kindly told me that I could walk the dog, because I probably couldn't ride a bike. "Cause like Mom, you don't know how!"

Ouch.

I told her that I did indeed know how to ride a bike, and promptly took off. She caught up with me and proceeded, in her 5 year old wisdom, to give me pointers on how to ride bikes more efficiently AND safely.

Apparently she thinks that even though I CAN ride a bike, I really don't know WHAT I am doing.

We had a little argument about which side of the street you should ride your bike on. I kept telling her to get over to the side I was on (the right side BTW) and she kept telling me how I was doing it all wrong.

"Seriously, Thing 3, get on this side of the road. You only drive on that side of the road if you live in England!" "Where's England Mom? And, you're totally doing it wrong!"

Over and over, round and round we went.

I can tell that teaching this kid to drive is going to be just swell.


  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes